April 19, 2011

A Realtor Walks Into a REBar....

What the heck is a REBar?

Last week I enjoyed my first ever REBar Camp in Nashville, Tennessee. I was excited to attend one of these "un-conferences" to see what they were all about. It was an opportunity to connect with some old friends, meet some new friends in the real estate industry and spend the day sharing and learning.


It was nice to attend an event out of my normal territory because I was really able to just be "a face in the crowd." My buddy Brian Copeland of Village Real Estate was the co-chair of this event along with Kevin Pellatiro from Encore Realty. Kudos to these guys and all the sponsors for an incredible event.

Documenting the Day

I decided to bring along my trusty Flip Video camera and a tri-pod to record some of my experiences and then compile the video into a "First-Timer's View of REBar Camp." The video below doesn't include footage from the night before - a session called Beer with Bloggers that serves as a mixer to connect with those you know and meet those you don't - or the post event mixer which I couldn't attend due to my return flight back to Columbus. (I heard it was a great end to the day)

If you don't see the video below, watch it here




Thanks to all my new REBar buddies. I had a great time and I'll look forward to my next time "away at camp."

Until next time, keep building relationships, solving problems and having fun.