April 24, 2011

Not a Bad List...

Monday Morning Match is a short post - maybe a quote, inspirational story or idea - intended to spark some motivation inside each of you so your week gets off to a fantastic start on Monday morning.

I was surfing through some miscellaneous files on my laptop, looking for some inspiration for something to blog about and I came across the list below buried amongst some old files .

I'm not sure where I got it so I am not going to take credit for creating it. According to the "properties" it looks like I added it to my files in 2007? I will assume the list came from someone very smart but without any more details on the document, I will credit it to that person who is credited for many of the best quotes and statements in history - the person known as "Anonymous."

How many of the following "keys" can you use this week to unlock a door?

The Keys to Success

  • Take responsibility for yourself...
  • Contribute to others' success...
  • Put customers first...
  • Be a "team player"...
  • Volunteer and show some initiative...
  • Follow the rules...
  • Work the hours you're paid for...
  • Exceed expectations...
  • Keep your commitments...
  • Get with change...
  • Be considerate...
  • Don't whine or spread negativity...
  • Give and earn respect...
  • Embrace diversity...
  • Keep learning...
  • Ask for feedback...
  • Be patient...
  • Think "safety"...
  • Think "health"...
  • Look your best...
  • Keep the boss informed...
  • Act like an "owner"...
  • Perform with ethics and integrity
Oh yeah. There are three more "keys" you might want to try and use this week to unlock the door to success...

#1 - Build relationships
#2 - Solve problems
#3 - Have fun