December 30, 2011

"Just a Minute..."

Have you ever uttered those words to someone when they ask you for something? I hear my children say it all the time when we ask them to do something like come to the table for dinner or go upstairs and brush their teeth before bed.

I'm sure I say it all the time too as I check the iPhone for that one last message, wait for the YouTube video I am watching to end or read that final page of the chapter.

And don't even get non-sports fans started on the "how long does a minute of (insert sport here) really take?" dilemma. With time-outs and video reviews, one minute of "game time" could take 10 minutes or more of "real time." Add in more if the game goes into overtime.

But have you ever realized what might happen in that 60 second window you asked for?

I was perusing my latest Zite* feeds today and was intrigued by a headline from Business Insider. I came upon an incredible infographic by Barry Ritholtz. Click the image below and prepare to be amazed at what will happen - probably 3 or 4 times over - while you are looking at it.


Incredible Things That Happen Every 60 Seconds On The Internet

Have a great day and do your best to spend at least a minute building relationships, solving problems and having fun.


*Zite is an incredible "virtual magazine" of topics that is specific to me. You can download it for your smart phone like iPhone or  your iPad. Thanks to Debra Trappen for the nudge. Warning - this may quickly become your morning addiction because Zite begins to see what topics, stories, authors, etc. that you like and feeds you more for your consumption and sharing needs.