March 17, 2009

Time to Fill Out Your Brackets


Greetings Everyone,



Welcome to March Madness. This blog has been selected by the Virginia Association of Realtors to compete in their Blog Brawl – a “NCAA style” match-up of some of the best real estate blogs out in cyberspace. I appreciate those of you who voted for me to make it into the “friendly competition.” There must have been quite a few because the “bracket seedings” were determined by number of votes and I am the #2 seed in Zone #2.



Now that the games have begun, I need your votes to advance to future rounds. Visit the site at http://varbuzz.com/nrebb2 and look for the match-up between my blog (TheRealtorsToolbox.blogspot.com) and the #7 seed (realestateweenie.com). The blog is written by Teresa Boardman, a Realtor from St. Paul, Minnesota.

It looks to be a very entertaining blog with a "hot dog" theme. I'll "relish" the chance to compete against Teresa. I am not worried about falling behind in the voting because I can always "ketchup." Whoever gets the most votes can proudly say "I'm the Wiener!"



You can read about all the rules here but what is really important are these three points:



1. You must vote in every pairing for each zone (I am battling in Zone #2), and you only have to vote in one zone if you want to.


2. You can only vote once per IP address. This is important: Why? Because many business offices share a single IP address, and your fellow agent in the next workspace may have already cast your office’s vote. Tough cookies. We recommend voting from home, your local Internet cafe, random wireless hotspots: Heck, anywhere you can get an Internet signal to cast as many votes as you want.



3. You have until Friday, March 20 at 8:59 a.m. to vote. Round 2 of voting will begin the afternoon of Friday, March 20 and stretch through Tuesday, March 24 at 8:59 a.m.

Thanks in advance for your help. Not sure where this will lead to but it should be fun.



Sean